Friday, January 14, 2011

snow, Snow, SNOW !

It was just two weeks ago, that we had a white Christmas. I think that was a first! But this past Sunday, January 9, we had the third largest snowfall in north Alabama in over 50 years. We had around 7 1/2 inches of snow.

The largest snowfall was in 1964. I remember that I was in the hospital at the time and all the kids were calling me , wanting me to come out and play and I couldn't , of course. Poor me :-(

The second largest snowfall was in 1987. I remember that one also. LOL  I had to walk a couple of blocks to get home. Brrrrrrr-cicles!

Anyway, this snow was wonderful to behold, but it has cause many business' to be closed and the school closed all week. We just don't have the snow equipment needed here in the sunny south.

Enjoy this little fellow. :-)

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...