Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day


My father passed away last year. . . . So it's just not the same on this day anymore. Even Tom won't be here to celebrate. I was sick today, so he and his brother and sister took his father out to eat last night. So that was good.

But I want to share a poem a friend of might had on her facebook page Saturday. I do not know who the author is, but the poem touched my heart.

Yellow roses grow in heaven,
Lord pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my father's arms
and tell him they're from me.
Tell him that I love and miss him.
When he turns to smile
place a kiss upon his cheek
and hold him for awhile,
because remembering him is easy,
I do it...every day.
There's an... ache in my heart
that will never go away.

I hope you and yours have a lovely Father's Day!

1 comment:

Michele Lee said...

I love this Dianne. It was so beautifully written that it brought tears to my eyes.

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...