Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lil' Birdie Baby!


I just had to shar these pictures.. Yesterday afternoon, my husband was out in the yard getting ready to mow...and this little bird (bluejay)fell or jumped out of a tall pine tree. He quickly gathered the dogs together and hustled them into the house. Missy has been know to chase a feathered friend or two. Anyway he told me what was going on so I grabbed my camera and rushed outside. Isn't he cute???
We didn't touch him..just in case it's true that momma bird won't come near them if touched my human hands...but Tom did scoop him up into a clay pot to try and move him to saftey..but he wouldn't cooperate. He just kept hopping up the hill...

We don't know what became of him, as some nefarious critters roam through the yard during the night...but we tried. We would not let the dogs out in the back yard all night long..instead Tom had to accompany them out front LOL...
Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

Beth Thomas said...

Awh!!!! I'll have to show the girls!

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...