Thursday, June 5, 2008

Traditions Mod.A - Lesson 6


I'm baaaaccckkkk....!
Yes, it is almost 3am, but that is OK... as today I took some allergy medicine and it knocked me out all afternoon... But..more to the point..is that I finish yet another lesson tonight..or this morning..however you want to look at it... Just look at it! LOL
It was kinda fun...it went from a little dull, to quite pretty... I learned to mix some colors using a minimal pallette... I learned to tone colors to give the piece "harmony", using either its complementary color or an earth tone. I learned how to prepare and seal a tin surface vs. a wood surface.
This lesson also had me apply washes to lighten or darked an element in the piece, as in the "ball flowers"... And I also used extender to float color in shading and highlighting. Oh! And I also had fun with linework. I've always enjoyed the details of linework. I hope you enjoy this piece too! - The Country Tin Technique

1 comment:

Beth Thomas said...

This is gorgeous, Dianne! You are absolutely knocking these lessons out! Can't tell you how proud I am of you!

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...