Friday, October 16, 2009

Blood, Barks and Tears...

Hi guys!!!
It finally feels like fall here in northern Alabama. The only problem is that I don't get to hear the gentle rustling of leaves...instead I have the pounding of hammer and nails on the roof. We've had roofers here for three days (ugh!) We are getting our roof replaced finally after the early summer hail storms we had.

Nothering ART-wise today, but I've got to tell you about my dog SADIE. She got into a little scuffle last week with our other dog MISSY...or I should say, she started to get into a scuffle.....Tom could see it coming so he put his foot up between them and I guess Sadie thought his white sock moving up was Missy's white chest moving toward her because she sprang forward to bite Missy and bit Tom's foot instead.
Five (5) puncture wounds. OUCHIE!!!!

He finally got hold of Sadie and then MIssy grabbed her back leg...I'm running in trying to help and grab Sadie's collar just as
Tom pulls Missy off Sadie's leg. Well pulling Missy from Sadie's leg ripped a big gash in her leg.
While Tom holds his foot (that is bleeding) I'm pushing Sadie into the bathroom and Missy into the laundry room. I then cleaned and bandaged Tom's foot. When I went back to check on Sadie's leg, I opened the bathroom door and it looked like a masacre. The bathroom was covered in blood. It was everywhere...even up the walls. I couldn't imagine where it was coming from...since it was her leg that was bit. Finally I spotted her ear...she had had a growth on her ear about the size of a walnut and it had broken open and was bleeding. Everytime Sadie shook her head ( you know the way dogs do when they are wet). Everytime she shook her head , blood sprayed everywhere. (That was no fun to clean up...I'd hate to have CSI or NCIS come and bring in their luminol)
We took Sadie to the vet to suture up her leg. They kept her over night to mositen up the wound and was to have surgury on her leg the next morning and to take off the growth. Well Tuesday morning started off with the ringing of the telephone a little before 8am. It was the vet telling us that they had lost Sadie. She had gotten away from them (without her ID tags) when they took her out to potty before surgury. We spent the whole day looking for her. It was pouring down rain.
Around 230p she was spotted in some underbrush next to the interstate fence. We got almost to her, when she got spooked and took off under the underbrush again. So we continued to search another two hours in the general area until I was exhausted and getting hysterical. I stayed on one side of the underbrush and Tom went to the other side of the underbrush and called her one last time. Just as he was giving up and heading toward his car Sadie came bounding from behind him to the car and turned and looked at him wagging her tail like "well come on!!! let's go home"
So we have a happy ending afterall. I never would have thought it...she must be part cat and have nine lives LOL

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...