Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh! the Vanitas'



Wasn't today pretty???? I just loved it! My husband called me this morning and asked me to lunch...brownie points! ! ! ! ! :o) It was very good. We went to one of our favorite restaurants in Madison - The Madison Cafe (old madison jailhouse) GREAT FOOD! ! !
I'm SOOOOOOOO Excited! I'm in a new yahoo group called Traditions Artist.
There is a Master Decorative Painter named David Jansen, who developed (with a chemist) a new kind of resin acrylic paint, and who developed an educational program with 5 other noted Decorative painters. Their paintings are absolutely fabulous and I can't wait to get started. BUT the main thing that has me so excited about it is he has decided to teach a FREE online class of a Master Dutch Painter from the 1650's Willem Van Aelst. WE (hundreds from around the world) are going to be taught by the yahoo group page, studing art history, as well as watching streaming video that he will prepare for us each month. Above is the a picture of the painting we will be doing. The actual painting hangs in the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh, North Carolina.It's called "The Vanitas' Flower Still Life". I think this will be a first to have so many people being taught online to paint in a certain painting, in a certain style with a certain type of paint...the finish date is scheduled for December 8. If you get a chance check out this website http://www.jansenarttraditions.com .... you won't regret it!

1 comment:

Beth Thomas said...

I'm so... excited for you! Can't wait to watch the process of your creative learning. I so admire your painting talent- I only seem to get my clothes messy!

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...